Friday, May 29, 2015

Journal of the Wantrapreneur : Can you manifest your destiny?

I'm not one for believing in mystical powers or anything, but there seems to be a trend of good things happening to optimistic people. Going through my project, I've always held a positive attitude about what I was setting out to accomplish, and when I've sported this demeanor, things seemed to work out for me. What do I mean by "things"? I mean I was able to spot new opportunities and jumped on them, not all of them worked out in my favor, but if it didn't I would at least learn something new. Win win really.

 Now this journey hasn't been easy, there have been plenty of times where I was down in the dumps, and not entirely due to the project itself, life has a way of throwing things at you from all angles. During these times it's been hard to stay positive most of the time, if at all. I'd experience no progress at all in my projects and I was completely enclosed in my own miserable sphere of mental anguish, so much so that people around me would even shirk away. Luckily my family and close friends were there to slap me around and remind me of who I was. 

Soon enough, with my new perspective on life gained through that little thing called experience and with the help of my friends and family, I was back to smiling and being optimistic about everything. Sure enough, I started to make new connections, following up leads and getting equipment donated to my cause. How is this possible? Its not that I wasn't working on my project when I was going through the rough patch, because I was. It was more so that mentally I was closed off to the opportunities that presented itself to me. 

When we are positive about the future we see everything without the "risk goggles" on. When we are pessimistic, we are looking to protect ourselves from more damage so naturally, that means to close off from whatever we are unsure about, even if it may be an opportunity. So when we are positive we have a higher chance to see the good things can do versus the pain it could cause. Change your mind, change your world!

So the real question is, how do we get out of the habit of looking at the world around us through our risk goggles? That will be another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment